A Bit About Unshackled Ministries
My wife Joy and I founded Unshackled Ministries in February of 2007.
My passion for this ministry comes from overcoming my own ten year addiction to internet pornography from which I was set free in the Fall of 2005. (Click here to view My Testimony)
Once free from the grip of internet pornography, I came to realize that I was not alone in this battle. Many men, women and young people in our churches have been spiritually disarmed and taken captive by the lies of pornography.
I feel that it is God’s call on my life to reach out to the local church with a message of hope to those who are struggling with pornography.
Joy and I continue to be very active in our local church. We are both humbled and honored to share our story and answer God’s call to help set the captives free.
Reverend Jonathan Pearson stated that “pornography is the most pervasive and destructive issue facing our generation today”. We live in a society that is saturated with sensual images. These images have invaded our homes not only through print media such as newspapers and magazines but also via the internet, cable TV, and yes, even network TV. Advancements in technology have led to pornography being more accessible today than it has ever been. Pornographic websites can be accessed easily by any web enabled cell phone. In addition, pornographic sites have made it easy for iPod users to download images right to their iPods. With an assault of this magnitude, is it any wonder why so many families are being ripped apart? Many Christians have been taken captive by pornography’s lies and desperately need to be set free. It is our sincere hope and prayer that God will use Unshackled Ministries to help every church in America to educate their congregations on the pervasiveness and destructiveness of pornography. It’s time that we reach out to families and empower them to protect their children and themselves from the wake of pornography’s path of destruction. It is our deepest desire that many in our churches who have become disconnected from God as a result of their sexual sin will be drawn back to an intimate walk with Christ. (Click here to learn how you can have a relationship with Jesus Christ)
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Committed to providing Christ centered resources and services to help families within the church protect their children and themselves from the destructiveness of pornography.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To EDUCATE individuals and families within the church on the pervasiveness and destructiveness of pornography.
To EMPOWER individuals and families within the church to live sexually and emotionally pure lives through Bible based seminars, online workshops and a variety of Christ centered resources.
To ENLIST and help the church promote healing from sexual brokenness by offering accountability, counseling, resources and support groups to those who may be ensnared by pornography all within a safe, confidential environment.
STATEMENT OF FAITH &
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe the Bible to be infallible and that it is the inspired Word of God.
- We believe in the Trinity, one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Sovereignty of God. We believe that God created the heavens and the earth and that He is the creator of all things. We believe that God is the creator of humankind.
- We believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ. We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus lived a sinless life. We believe in His death on a cross to atone for the sins of humanity and His bodily resurrection from the dead. We believe in His ascension to be with God the Father at His right hand and His personal, imminent return.
- We believe that humanity is sinful by nature and that because of this sinful nature humanity is in need of God’s salvation. We believe that the penalty for humanity’s sin is death (eternal separation from God) but that the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Salvation is by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. We believe that salvation is a gift of God and not by works and that it can be received by mankind of every nation through a personal faith in Jesus Christ as his or her Savior. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and that all who confess with their mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in their heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, will be saved.
- We believe in the work of the Holy Spirit enabling the Christian to live a godly life and to grow in the knowledge of God.
- We believe that a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is essential in order for a person to break free from the bondage of pornography.